Resources for Market Managers
Tools for New, Existing and Growing Farmers Markets
- Idaho Farmers Market Manual - a great resource from the Idaho State Dept. of Ag. for starting and strengthening your market!
- Idaho Farmers Market Manager Toolkit (2016) - a special collection of best practices from Idaho & the beyond to help grow your market
- Starting a Specialty Food Business in Idaho - an ISDA publication to share with potential vendors
- Rapid Market Assessment Webinar 06.28.17 Recording - A Rapid Market Assessment (RMA) is a low-cost and relatively quick data collection process that takes place during a single market day. Through customer counts and simple dot surveys, valuable information about markets is collected. The results can help farmers markets make decisions and better communicate their impact. Whether your market is large or small, whether you’re brand new to an RMA or have conducted them in the past, please join us for this free webinar designed to help you conduct an efficient RMA and collect the most impactful data. We'll also talk to farmers markets about what support we can offer them in conducting one this year and our plans for utilizing the data. Sponsored by the Idaho Farmers Market Association and the University of Idaho Extension.
Sample Market Documents
- Sample Farmers Market Vendor Application
- Sample Farmers Market Policy
USDA Nutrition Programs
- Food Stamp Program - an IFMA one pager on how to become a Food Stamp Friendly Farmers Market!
- Double Up Food Bucks - a IFMA one pager on the Double Up Food Bucks program in Idaho! Contact IFMA to learn more and gain access to branding/marketing material.
National Farmers Market Week 2016
- IFMA's 10 Ways to Celebrate National Farmers Market Week
- Idaho Governor's Proclamation
- Idaho NFMW Press Release
- Example Market Bingo Activity
- IFMA - none at this time
Other Resources and Partners
- Farmers Market Coalition - a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to strengthening farmers markets across the United States so that they can serve as community assets while providing real income opportunities for farmers.
- Buy Idaho Branch Membership Info - join Buy Idaho at a discounted price through IFMA's branch membership program!
- University of Idaho Small Farms - Information, resources, and links selected for small, sustainable and organic producers
- Eat Smart Idaho - a UI Extension program that provides nutrition and physical activity education for limited resource Idahoans.